20 Beauty Uses for Vaseline
Posted by Cat Meeker on November 9, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Vaseline is one beauty staple that every girl should have in her arsenal. Here are just 20 uses for this miracle in a jar.
1. Lip balm: moisturizes and soothes chapped lips but it doesn’t taste good.
2. Moisturizes dry skin.
3. Hydrates and soothes chapped hands and feet. Apply some petroleum jelly to your hands and feet and then put on mittens and socks. Wait about 10-15 minutes for the Vaseline to soak into the skin. The result? Smoother and softer skin.
4. Prevents chafing: just apply some Vaseline on the areas that need it, such as heels and the balls of feet.
5. Eye makeup remover: removes even the most stubborn mascara and soothes the eye area.
6. Scrub: mix petroleum jelly with sea salt or brown sugar to make your own scrub.
7. Night cream: it can be used as a night cream but you need to warm it up first.
8. Neat manicures: use Vaseline on the skin around your nails to prevent polish from running.
9. Shaving: just put a very thin layer on the area that needs shaving and shave. Don’t use water. Also don’t apply too much product or it will plug up your razor.
10. Highlighter: apply it on cheeks and under eye area for that dewy look.
11. Softens elbows: apply some Vaseline to elbows daily. It will soften them up in no time.
12. Lip gloss: Mix your favorite lip color with Vaseline all over your lips for a shiny, sheer look.
13. Maintains fragrance longer: apply a thin layer of Vaseline on your wrist before spraying perfume on. It will make the scent last longer.
14. Lip exfoliant: apply petroleum jelly to your lips and wait a few minutes. Then, using an old toothbrush, scrub your lips. This will exfoliate lips, leaving them very soft.
15. Protects skin from hair dye: apply some Vaseline around the hairline before coloring your hair to protect your skin from the harsh chemicals contained in the dye.
16. It’s a stain remover! Use Vaseline to remove makeup stains from shirts and more.
17. Seals in split ends: if you put some Vaseline on your split ends, it will seal them in and make it look like they aren’t there. But don’t do this too often as it will take a couple of shampoos to remove Vaseline from your hair.
18. Cream blush: mix some Vaseline with your lipstick or eye shadow to make your own cream blush.
19. Prevents uneven tanning: just put some on dry spots before applying fake tanning lotions.
20. Moisturize and tame eyebrows: putting a small amount of Vaseline on your brows before going to bed will not only moisturize them, but it will mold them into place too.
How do you use Vaseline as part of your beauty routine?