Avatar_default

Greasy Hair... No Idea How to Deal with It

19 comments
19287 views
0 upvotes
0 guides

Posted by Anonymous on March 13, 2010 at 7:10 AM

I suffer from really greasy hair and I have since I was 13 years old. I am now 22 and still haven't found a solution to it. No matter what I do the next day after washing my hair it is greasy as hell. I have tried lots of different things, from vinegar, lemon juice, expensive shampoos to really cheap shampoos and even medicated shampoo from the doctor. What out there really works? Please help!

Comments

Avatar_default
Large_picture-fb_100002276435030
  • Posted by Kate Aila on April 13, 2011 at 2:40 PM
dear if somebody have hair problem,then dont worry
just visit this
Hair Transplant in Pakistan
Avatar_default
  • Posted by Anonymous on December 14, 2010 at 1:42 PM
that doesn't always work. i only ever wash my hair once every two days, and its still really greasy halfway through the second day (if i was it in the morning). i'm trying to not use too mush shampoo or and conditioner at the mo' whish is sortof helping. Also, swapping shampoos every now and then works.
Avatar_default
  • Posted by Anonymous on May 22, 2010 at 4:19 AM
I had the same problem, but now i can leave my hair unwashed for 2-3 days, and the day before i wash it i use a spray in dry shampoo called Bastiste, it works really well, and smells good too! You can usually buy it from your chemist. You can even buy a tiny travel size can for ya handbag :)
Hope this helps!
Large_163713_1727974433403_1059718414_1946817_2374591_n
  • Posted by Leashie V on April 21, 2010 at 1:46 PM
When you condition, DO NOT condition the roots. That will help.
My hair gets easily greasy too -.-;
Avatar_default
  • Posted by Anonymous on April 11, 2010 at 9:47 AM
I agree with washing every other day, but there's also oil products specifically made for when your hair is too dry or your scalp is itchy...they work on greasy hair too, if you use them the right way. I use one of these products called icon, because my hair is greasy. Once every two or three weeks (depending on how greasy your hair is), run the oil all through your hair with a wide-toothed comb until it looks disgustingly greasy. leave it in for ten minutes and then take a shower to wash it out. Use a lot of volumizing shampoo until it feels like your hair could get very tangled very easily. Be careful when you do this, and to avoid getting it tangled, only scrub in one direction, i do mine going straight back. Only put enough conditioner to just barely go through all of your hair. The conditioner will get rid of the tangles while only using a small amount will prevent it from getting greasy again. Hope this helps! :)
Avatar_default
  • Posted by Anonymous on April 3, 2010 at 2:49 PM
Same problem here. One day I went to the hairdresser and there was a new girl there. She told me to go and buy some cheap shampoo, but to buy shampoo for oily/greasy to normal hair. I soon found out that most shampoos are for dry or damaged hair so that was making it worse. I got some cheap oily-hair shampoo and didn't bother with conditioner. Hope this helped!
Large_ahdelicateflower
Lush.com has awesome products too!
Large_picture-fb_1008032412
  • Posted by Faye Avery on March 14, 2010 at 1:43 PM
Thanks very much girls. i dont conditon my hair as its nice and soft from shampooing and I use H&S.
I have heard that putting talc in your hair has meant to help but havent tried it.
I can't even style my hair without it getting greasy.
I shall try some of these methods and get back to you with the results. hopefully something will work.
Large_p1010857
Chaz Dean Wen you can look at www.chazdeanwen.com
Large_p1010857
try products with all natural ingredients in it. You will have to go to a special shop for it. Products with chemicals in it (The shampoo shouldn't froth too much as that is all the chemicals) Can strip the hair of all its natural oils and I think adds unnatural oils in. Its way more expinsive but is fantastic. Chaz Dean Wen products is a good example (this is the most expensive but you can get cheaper from health stores)
More »