International Women’s Day: 12 Quotes From Women We Love
Posted by Katie Ostoich on March 8, 2012 at 2:56 PM
Happy International Women’s Day! Today is a day to empower yourself and the lovely ladies around you and is an occasion to praise women for their accomplishments around the world. Some countries even give us girls a holiday! So before you use your feminine wiles and head out to happy hour early (Thanks Boss!), take a few moments and read some wise words from ladies we all know and love.
1. A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.
2. Gentleness doesn't get work done unless you happen to be a hen laying eggs.
3. Do the one thing you think you cannot do. Fail at it. Try again. Do better the second time. The only people who never tumble are those who never mount the high wire. This is your moment. Own it.
4. Some women choose to follow men, and some women choose to follow their dreams. If you're wondering which way to go, remember that your career will never wake up and tell you that it doesn't love you anymore.
5. I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls. I believe that tomorrow is another day and I believe in miracles.
6. Without leaps of imagination, or dreaming, we lose the excitement of possibilities. Dreaming, after all, is a form of planning.
7. Just don't give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don't think you can go wrong.
8. If you want something said, ask a man; if you want something done, ask a woman.
9. Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.
10. The trouble with some women is they get all excited about nothing - and then they marry him.
11. You can’t be that kid standing at the top of the waterslide, overthinking it. You have to go down the chute.
Tina Fey, Bossypants
12. God gave women intuition and femininity. Used properly, the combination easily jumbles the brain of any man I've ever met.
Here’s to you lovely GGTo readers! Go put on that lipstick you love (or try on red and really support thecause) and celebrate being you--There’s no one else who could do it better.